One of the best fishing spots in the country is Pwellheli’s beach. The two long and sandy beaches run towards the east from the harbor entrance and towards the west from the Gimblet Rock. The spot in between the Rock and the harbor entrance is an excellent bass mark. Here, we will talk about some of the best fishing spots.
- The harbor channel itself is a fishing spot which produces bass and black bream during the summer months. However, the constant boat traffic can be an issue. The beach from the Gimblet rock produces Dabs, dogfish, Gurnard, etc. along with its whole length and rays near the rock itself.
- From June to the end of the summer, a wide range of shoals of Mackerel can be found which is close enough to catch from the shore as it feathers traces or spinners. Bass and Black Bream are also common in the area of the golf course.
- Abererch Beach which runs east from the harbor is a shallow sand and shingle beach which has patches of weedy stones. Most of the usual species are found on this beach, especially the doggies.
- You can find almost any species from the hundreds of marks around the coast. Small boats can be launched from Porthmadog, Pwllheli, Aberdaron, Trefor, etc. With a small launching fee at these sites, you can avail fishing.
- Lodges North Wales can be considered for accommodation at the nearby location. They provide you with the best facilities, and you can find lots of lodges nearby the harbor sites.
All the rivers in the area have several migratory fish. However, the main angling rivers are the Dwyfawr and the Erch. You can enjoy fishing at these locations and have a quality time spend with your family and friends.